India Marine Landings Market : December 21, 2016
1. Marine landings in South-West Coast over past 7 days
The major landings in Saktikulangara Harbour, Kollam District
2. Marine landings in Malabar Coast over past 7 days:
Some of the major quantity consists of Indian Oil sardines -Sardinella longiceps, Sardinella gibbosa, Decapterus russelli (Indian scad), Nemipterus japonicus (Japanese threadfin bream), less quantity loligio duvauceli (Indian squid), Rastrelliger kanagurta (Indian mackerel) and dussumieria acuta ( Rainbow sardine) .
In Puthiyappa Harbour, Calicut-Periacanthus humrur(Bull’seye) was a major catch.
3. Marine landings in Kochi over past 7 days:
The majority of landing consists of Yellow Fin tuna – Thunnus albacares, The skipjack tuna ( Katsuwonus pelamis) , and Sail Fish (istiophorus Spp), also some Deep sea Shrimps (Karikadi), Red ring shrimp( Aristues alcocki)Some packers in Kochi informed about the availability of Litopenaeus vannamei mostly from Tamilnadu culture -Tuticorin and pattukottai for the processing of PDTO , PD and H/L Vannamei products.
- loligio duvauceli (Indian squid)
- Sepia pharaonis (Cuttle Fish)
- Heterocarpus gibbosus ( Pullan Shrimp)
- Deep sea shrimps.