India Marine Landings Market : Oct 12, 2018
India Marine Landing Update
– The Conxemar frozen seafood fair in Vigo recently wrapped up. Demand in EU for Cephalopods still remains flat. It seems that some importers have stock remaining.
– Some producers and suppliers in Cochin hold stock on Cuttlefish, however new landings are short. Majority of cephalopod enquiries from EU are on Squid and Octopus.
– In Gujarat, according to exporters, landings of squid and Octopus continues to be slow, but supplies of baby cuttlefish are adequate. Sizes for cleaned Baby CF like 13/20, 20/40 & 40/60 remain available.
– Landings of Yellowfin Tuna has just begun in the Cochin, Kollam & Tuticorin belt. We can expect some big sizes in the coming days.
– There is moderate landings of Deepsea shrimps in Cochin according to suppliers and exporters.
– Red Snapper is available and Leather Jacket has bumper catch in Cochin & Gujarat belt.
The supply and outlook for Black Tiger shrimp seems to be better than last year. Main Black Tiger shrimp sizes currently available are 16/20, 21/25 & 26/30.